Notifications
Clear all

MOXF/EDITOR song mode setup changes after switching to another song and back

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi there!
I've been setting up a song mode with the MOXF Editor for my band's live performance. On channel 1 I've got the Rock Grand combined with the Mourn Strings. On this channel I use the ModWheel to fade In/out the string layer sound and I've deactivated the midi command "chorus send" on the Rock Grand. On channel 2 another Layer/Split is triggered via MIDI by another keyboard. The editor does save and bulk the setup correctly and at a first glance everything seems alright when I play on the MOXF.
But when I switch to another song and go back to my setup, the midi command "chorus send" on the Rock Grand is activated again and the Mourn Strings to not fade out completely.
So, obviously a midi command is being executed when I switch between the songs. Can anybody assist me with this issue?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Posted : 07/01/2022 1:36 pm
Bad Mister

It sounds like what is stored in the MOXF Editor file differs from what is stored internally on the particular Song/Mixing combination.

Here what to try:
Because the data is correctly restored from the EDITOR to the MOXF edit buffer, you want to restore the correct version to the MOXF hardware (from the Editor) then press [STORE] on the MOXF to write the data into internal MOXF memory.

It not clear (to me) how you have “deactivated the midi command “chorus send” (?) What does that mean?

Posted : 07/01/2022 2:08 pm
Topic starter

Hi Bad Mister,
thanks for your reply. Of course I have stored the setup on the MOXF.

It not clear (to me) how you have “deactivated the midi command “chorus send” (?) What does that mean?

The Rock Grand patch uses the ModWheel to increase/decrease a chorus fx. In the Editor you can find this under the tab RCV/Control Set - Controller Set Assign.

I've set the control destination to "none".

The Mourn Strings are setup similarily - there the ModWheel is set to control destination "Volume" with a depth of -32, so that the patch is faded out when the ModWheel is fully turned up.

Both of these settings are not stored or being recalled somehow. It seems the patch's factory settings are being loadad.

Posted : 07/01/2022 3:26 pm
Bad Mister

I've set the control destination to "none".

Oh, okay, I see what you did, but that does not “deactivate the midi command…” you have simply unassigned the MW by removing a destination.

This must be stored to a MOXF “Mixing Voice”, it is technically speaking a Voice Edit. You have *edited* the Voice, (and while you may have stored the entire program, you need to first store the change to that individual Voice. Here’s how:

In the MOXF Editor store your edit as MV (Mixing Voice). If you do this while the MOXF Editor is ONLINE, this will create the MIXING VOICE in your hardware MOXF.

Once you have set the MW to “off” (there is no setting “none” ), you must go to EDIT on the Editor menu bar, select “STORE VOICE…”.
When the dialog box opens to choose a destination, you will see Folders for the three “Normal User Banks” and the “Mixing Voice” Bank.

Say you are editing Part 2, open the “Mixing Voice” folder and select the second Mixing Voice location…(you have an opportunity to rename it) this will create a new Voice reflecting your edit (which is different from the factory/stored setting) and it will create a custom Voice assigned to your Mixing setup. Doing this with the Editor ONLINE will write the same data to your Song Mixing in the MOXF.

If you look in the MOXF, you will see the newly edited version will have the Bank appear as “MV” (Mixing Voice).

Notice: each of the 16 Part slots of your Mixing setup has a corresponding Mixing Voice location. This allows you to customize factory or user Voices for a Part, for THIS particular SONG.

ALTERNATIVE:
If you Store your newly edited Voice to a User 1, 2, or 3 location, you will need to overwrite the internal target location. The Mixing Voice allows a custom location within each Song and Pattern for every Normal Voice placed in a Mixing Part slot… without having to overwrite any internal sounds. The Mixing Voice is only available for selection in the Song or Pattern in which it was created.
Data in the regular User 1, 2, 3, Banks are available for use in any Song, any Pattern, or in Voice mode.
Mixing Voices are local to the Song/Pattern.

Posted : 07/01/2022 4:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us