Notifications
Clear all

Need instructional help with MOFX8

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi BadMister!
I have a MOFX8, a MX49, and a Reface DX. I am a total novice to Synths and need initial guidance in operations.

I really want to learn Basics of operations, starting with the MOFX8. I have worked with the Manual but have not had much progress. I live in Arizona. Are there any teachers that you are aware of with which I could get some guidance? What other avenues for learning the initial basic operations, would you suggest.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and any help you might offer.
Gregory Charles Du Bois

Posted : 02/02/2019 10:12 pm
Bad Mister

The MOXF is a rather broad topic ... there are 40 tutorial articles right here in the MOXF “Learn” area of this site. Take your time. Pick an area to learn and feel free to post specific questions on the forum.

Here’s a good place to start: MOXF Getting Started — Category Search
And for learning about the Synthesizer:
Synth Basics Getting Started
Synth Basics: Sound Experiments 1
Synth Basics: All Squares are Pulse...
Synth Basics: ORGAN -- The FATHER of the Synthesizer
Synth Basics: The ORGAN - The Father of the Synthesizer Part II
Synth Basics: The ORGAN - The Father of the Synthesizer Part III

Beyond that you can inquire at your local Yamaha dealer about how to contact someone in your area that can teach you one on one. In major markets around the US we have folks that can teach one on one.

Posted : 03/02/2019 12:58 am
Topic starter

Thank you very much for your reply. You have given me excellent resources her. Thank you!

Posted : 05/06/2019 5:07 am
 Dick

Phil didn't mention MY favorite tutorial, which is "Discovering the Yamaha MOX," which is 2+ hours of Phil going through most (if not all) of the features of the MOX. Highly recommend!

After that, you just need to learn the Flash part for the MOXF--pretty easy with the manual.

Posted : 06/06/2019 4:57 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us