Notifications
Clear all

Need Voice/Part to switch between two Reverb Levels

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have a Song with a Piano Part that I play on Channel 16. During one section I'd like the Reverb to be quite prominent and then change back to the original REVERB setting. So a sudden jump of about 40 data points and then it needs to jump back down.

I would like this to NOT be something I have to trigger manually, but that it should just happen under my fingers. I presume it would need to be an Event in the sequence, a method I use quite often with Volume/Expression, even if there's no sequence per se (as I'm playing that Part "live"). Is there a dedicated MIDI CC command for Reverb?

Right now I've made a Scn 1 (with HIGH level) and Scn 2 (with NORMAL level) but it's real easy to forget to hit the button, or to hit the wrong one (cause there is no LED indicator on the SCN buttons), or to not be able to hear which Scn, 1 or 2, is active cause it's now buried in the Mix.

Surely there is some simpler way to do this? In another forum a "control arpeggio" was suggested, but that seems like a lot of work for a simple change of Reverb level for 4 measures and then back to the normal setting.

Posted : 15/10/2021 4:40 am
Bad Mister

Is there a dedicated MIDI CC command for Reverb?

Yes, CC91.

Posted : 15/10/2021 2:30 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

OK. Well, I KNEW it should be easier then a SCN change. But now I want to erase the two SCNs I created solely to make the REVERB change. I'm not able to find any instruction in the Reference Manual for how to delete a SCN. I'm not seeing the SCN events listed anywhere, like with TMP.

Posted : 16/10/2021 7:41 am
Bad Mister

From an article on “Scenes and Track Mutes”…. Motif XF/MOXF era —

Some tips on using the Scene function:
You do not un-record or clear a SCENE from a SF button. Technically speaking, it simply takes a picture (snapshot) of your current settings. SCENE 1, for example, should be the condition of the MIX when you start playback. Once you create a SCENE (no pun intended) 'snapshot' you cannot clear it, you cannot undo it; you cannot do anything but change it. It is important to store a SCENE that represents the start condition.

That is, the condition you want the mix to be in normally, because once you recall a Scene its parameters are applied and remain applied until you activate another SCENE. If you need to return to the basic setting, (what we’re calling the ‘start condition’ of your mix) you either have to recall the SONG (which is not always convenient if you need to return to normal during play)… or use Scene 1 as your start condition snapshot.

Once you create a Scene you can update it so that it reflects exactly what you want the condition of the SONG to be when this button is pushed. But there is always going to be a start condition. You cannot ever take it back. There always must be some condition of the mix. Once you put a little eighth note icon next to the SF button reading SCENE, it is there forever... simply Edit it! _______

How to apply this: Start Condition to Scene 1
Recall your Song setup. Immediately Store these mix conditions to Scene 1 as your ‘start condition’. [STORE] + [SF1]
Recall your Scene 1 (start condition), then Hold [STORE] + [SF2] to overwrite Scene 2…

Posted : 18/10/2021 2:33 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us