Notifications
Clear all

New user here, just purchased an MOXf8.

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi guys, glad to be on here.

My mom just got this keyboard to gig with, but is not good with computers and programming sounds. I am helping her out to learn how to use the thing hahaha. Seems like a great lightweight keyboard.

My question is : Is there a way to load instrument sounds from my sound libraries using PRO TOOLS into the keyboard's internal memory? I am reading the manual and, i may be completely wrong, but the loading seems to not be compatible with pro tools. I am only given the options of Cubase, Logic, Digi Performer, and SONAR.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted : 31/01/2017 1:33 am
Bad Mister

The templates you see for Cubase, Logic Pro, Sonar and Digital Performer are Remote Control Surface setups for these popular software DAWs. There is no control template for Pro Tools... but that does not prevent you from using it. You just have to use a mouse, point and click to "control" it. You'll see decals on the MOXF front panel that indicate when in DAW REMOTE mode certainly buttons act as you"control" over those software programs.

Pro Tools does not make sounds, so we are curious what Pro Tools sounds you are looking to load to the MOXF???

The MOXF is very good with computer connectivity. You connect with a single USB cable from the MOXF to your computer for both MIDI and Audio communication. The MOXF has its own MIDI and Audio interface built-in. You can record audio and MIDI to any DAW software that can use an ASIO DRIVER. The ASIO driver for the MOXF is called "Yamaha Steinberg USB" and comes for Windows and Macintosh computers. You can use Pro Tools and record both MIDI and Audio from the MOXF. (The MOXF is also iOS compatible so it can connect to an iPad/iPhone/iPod.)

Posted : 31/01/2017 1:48 am
Topic starter

Thank you for the reply.

I know that pro tools doesn't make sounds. Pro tools is the DAW i usually use for accessing my Native Instruments Komplete library of sound banks that I got last year. I just was wondering what the process is to load some of the Native instruments sounds into the keyboard (to replace any sounds that may be cheap or corny sounding). Please bear with me, I am primarily a drummer and am new to the audio engineering/keyboard world.

Posted : 31/01/2017 1:55 am
Bad Mister

Please bear with me, I am primarily a drummer

.. oh, ok. No worries! 🙂
There is no need to "load" any sounds from Native Instruments into the MOXF. You can use the MIDI control of the MOXF to trigger the Native instrument or any other soft synths you have on your computer. The MOXF is an audio interface so the sound will travel through the outputs of the MOXF and sound in your connected speakers.

The MOXF has a ton of its own sounds, and can load its own format and any sound for the Motif XF... giving it on huge library of compatible data.

Posted : 31/01/2017 2:01 am
Topic starter

Yeah, I knew that I could use it as a Midi controller. My mom does not want to have to hook up her computer at gigs via midi all the time and was wondering if she could have some of my native instruments sounds "loaded" in as patches. But I'm guessing the answer is that the sample format is not compatible with that of the Moxf8.

Posted : 31/01/2017 4:32 am
Bad Mister

Can't help with that. What type of sounds is she looking for... there are well over a thousand in the MOXF and room to expand and load new Libraries - no computer necessary.

Posted : 01/02/2017 11:11 pm
gris
 gris
Eminent Member

You can load new instruments (wav sample format) into the moxf but you will have to get a flash memory board for it to be able to do that

Posted : 02/02/2017 9:26 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us