Pattern

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I created the pattern from 4 arpeggios saved it then played performance and went back to my pattern and it wasn't there (did press store button).
By the way can you play more than 4 arpeggios at the same time?

Posted : 13/05/2017 11:23 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry. We understand all of the words you wrote but not exactly what you are describing.

Sounds like you were originally in PERFORMANCE mode, is that correct?
And you were attempting to record the Performance to a Pattern, is that correct?

That process has three important steps. If you recognize that each one is important you'll never again lose your data... because you will know exactly where it went!

From Performance mode recall your sound with Arps assigned and armed ready to go. But before you begin take the time to step through the [F1], [F2] and [F3] buttons which will ensure you get the exact data you want recorded:

1) Press [RECORD]
the [F1] SETUP screen appears. Here you setup whether you are targeting a Song or a Pattern with the SEQ MODE setting, if you select "Pattern" you then must indicate which NUMBER and which SECTION, and you set the SECTION LENGTH.

2) Press [F2] REC TR
this let's you target Tracks 1-4, or 5-8, or 9-12, or 13-16

3) Press [F3] OTHER
here you can set how recording begins. KEY ON START starts recording as soon as you touch the keys - it synchronizes the start of recording and the Arpeggios
Set the COPY PERF PARAMETERS to On - this ensures your Performance mode settings are copied to the MIXING setup associated with the target Pattern
Set MOVE TO REC MODE to On. This automates the mode change... when you finish the Pattern Length, recording will stop automatically. And after a brief pause while the PERF data is copied, you will be switched from the PERFORMANCE mode directly to the target Pattern mode Section

You just need to hit play in order for the now recorded Pattern Section to play. The data is automatically written and Stored in your instrument's internal memory until you clear it or overwrite it.

Posted : 14/05/2017 10:28 am
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for that info and sorry for confusion basically I recorded new pattern using 4 arps and than save it on pattern 1 section a using store button .
Then I vent to performance play and played a performance for like 2 minutes.
After that I pressed pattern button to play my freshly recorded pattern but it was not there anymore so I have no idea how it disappeared or what did I do wrong .
P.S can you use more than 4 arpeggios when you create a pattern reason I am asking is that when I did it 4 arpeggios where playing ok on pattern but number 5 I could not set switch on for arpeggios.
Thanks

Posted : 14/05/2017 12:02 pm
Bad Mister

Oh.

There are four Arpeggiators. You can only use four at once. But if you RECORD the note output of the arpeggio to a Pattern Track, it is no longer an arpeggio. The MIDI Event data is now 'printed' to the Track. You can now turn the Part Arp On/Off Switch to Off. This allows you to assign an arpeggio to another Part.

You can only use four at the same time. So once you RECORD the ARP phrase to the track, you can turn the Part's ARP SWITCH = Off, freeing the Arpeggiator to be assigned elsewhere.

There is no limit to the number of times you can use an Arpeggiator. You could use it to create all 16 of the tracks but no more than four at a time.

Posted : 14/05/2017 12:22 pm
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you

Posted : 14/05/2017 12:41 pm
 Seth

Speaking of the key on start feature, is it available in song or pattern mode? I much prefer this method over the press play method.

Posted : 07/06/2017 10:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us