Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Recommendations for complementary synth to MOXF8?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I've been using my MOXF8 as my sole keyboard playing out in various pop/rock cover bands in my area. I love it's versatility and range of sounds from traditional piano, EP and organ to synth sounds, which are perfect for the songs that we cover from the 60's to modern. I also love how light it is to carry around, since my other older keyboards, include a Kurzweil PC88, which gets to be a bit of a bear due to its weight.

The problem is that, even with the most creative use of key splits in Performance mode, I sometimes run out of real estate, especially with organ and piano parts, and can't change patches fast enough to handle some of the most intense songs we do. Therefore, I am looking for to buy a new (and lighter) board that would complement everything that I have with the MOXF. I probably only need a 61-key board, since all the parts that need the 88-keys can be done on the MOXF.

Again, I love so much about the MOXF8 that I was even considering making my second board a MOXF6, but I would welcome hearing what others may use as their second to the MOXF and what that board gives them that the MOXF doesn't.

Thanks,
Steve

Posted : 04/08/2018 7:00 pm
 Tom
Trusted Member

It is a Personal Choice. OR Need.
My setup is Montage, MOXF, Komplete Kontrol MK II and VST's and other keyboards.
Everyone will have a Different Idea/Need.
Best advice
Find what works for You. And Maybe you just need more sound libraries.

Posted : 10/08/2018 2:40 am

The thing is, if you already have MOXF8, you most likely don't need everything it offers, for example another sequencer, in your second synth. If you are into the Yamaha sound, I would suggest checking the MX61, it's pretty cut down in both hardware and sample base, but it should work as a complementary one.

Posted : 13/08/2018 3:40 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us