Notifications
Clear all

recording drum loops

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Scott
Topic starter

I'm looking for the best and simplest way to record drum loops on my moxf6, and its not necessarily for use as part of a project to keep on the keyboard, (using the internal sequencer), but to run through a mixer onto a multi-tracker, (if that makes a difference). https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=ask&category=4&Itemid=851 This is going to be a multi part question. I've tried recording my own drum pattern going on pattern mode, with the type set on overdub and the looper on. So far I've just had bad luck going this route, seems like one little mistake and I have to start over, (the delete option is there but won't work). thought with the quantize option on it would correct timing errors, etc.
Also is there any way to play and/or record pre-existing patterns like on perform mode. there's some good patterns there that I'm able to remove the bass tracks and other instrument tracks and am left with just the drums but im unable to record it to the sequencer. I used to have a MM6 and one thing I like about that was the preset patterns that I could hit stops/fills and use the ABCD buttons to progress the pattern. (not to compare the moxf to the mm...lol) ok just figured out to record a pattern, minus the instrument tracks, as a song but can I loop it? Is there any way to take one of these patterns and create a fill? Maybe using assign. function buttons? I appreciate any help you can provide regarding the drums on the moxf. I'm guessing there will be others who can benefit by your responses. Oh, and btw mister, thanks for your help with my flash module inquiries. Thanks again B. Mister! Scott M.

Posted : 29/02/2016 12:31 am
Bad Mister

This is going to be a multi part question. I've tried recording my own drum pattern going on pattern mode, with the type set on overdub and the looper on. So far I've just had bad luck going this route, seems like one little mistake and I have to start over, (the delete option is there but won't work). thought with the quantize option on it would correct timing errors, etc.

We can help you with getting comfortable with recording your own drum patterns. Fret not if your first attempts are unsuccessful - it takes trying and failing and learning a few helpful tricks. The ERASE function allows you to easily remove unfortunate notes (we never call them "mistakes)... Here is a short article that will fix this problem for you. You don't even have to push stop - you can remove unfortunate notes on-the-fly without stopping.
Please read this and try it out immediately: Rehearse and Erase Functions

We have a section in the article link below that will show you how to create drum parts with fill-ins using the more than 2300 arpeggios drum grooves in memory. We call this "painting arpeggios to the sequencer" - please read the entire article but with a focus on the section about painting arps to the sequencer, try the given example as written - then attempt your own. What you will hopefully pickup on is just how the phrases can be used in their entirety or just in part.

Recording a Basic Drum Loop

Recommended reading:
What is a Pattern "Patch" and What is a Pattern Phrase

Posted : 29/02/2016 2:21 am
Scott
Topic starter

Thanks, just the leads that I needed. I'm on it.

Posted : 29/02/2016 4:52 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us