Notifications
Clear all

Recording via USB

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,
I would like to ask for help with audio recording via USB.
My operation system is Windows 10 and i connected my MOFX6 to the computer with USB cabel.
The DAW I use is CakeWalk or Bandlab online editor. For setting my MOFX6, I followed steps in this article: https://yamahasynth.com/learn/moxf/moxf-basic-audio-recording-part-i
I downloaded and installed "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V2.0.4 for Windows 10" and "MOXF6/MOXF8 Remote Editor, MOXF6/MOXF8 Extension
V1.0.4 -> V1.0.5".
I managed to record midi (via usb cabel) but anytime I record audio, no sound is recorded in the DAW.
I appreciate any suggestions of what I might be doing wrong.
Thank you.
Daniela

Posted : 18/01/2021 7:59 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Daniela,
Welcome to Yamaha Synth.

Let’s go over it step by step...starting with “Prepare the MOXF6/MOXF8” from that article you referenced.
Follow the steps one at a time and let us know when you have a problem with making these basic settings.
We could reprint it here but it would be the same exact steps..

If you find a step that you cannot make STOP and post back here. You only need to reference that one paragraph... to start.
Since you are using Cakewalk, the Cubase paragraph will not (exactly) apply to your software... but we cannot get to setting up Cakewalk until you verify the “Prepare the MOXF6/MOXF8” initial settings.

Let us know.

Posted : 19/01/2021 6:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us