Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Rising Synth Sound (uptown funk)

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello! Newer Yamaha MOXF user here. (Skip below for question) I have some previous experience with the ES. I'm learning my way around the MOXF pretty good. Previously I was using Mainstage and loved it for the most part, just had some computer issues a few times and decided I need to start relying on a hardware keyboard. It works great with Mainstage though!

Anyways, I made a rising synth sound in logic that I triggered in mainstage for Uptown Funk. How can I assign and automatic pitch rise to a basic synth saw voice? Is this possible? Seems to be the only thing that I can't figure out just yet.

Thank you!

Posted : 20/07/2016 4:06 pm

did you go into Voice Edit mode and try to edit the pitch envelop (PEG) of each element? you can do a rising pitch there easily you would edit all the elements in the voice with the same PEG (if you want them all to rise in the same manner).

Select saw voice
Edit
Select element (Element 1 to start)
Select the pitch/PEG function button

sorry - I don't have keyboard or manual in front of me ... hopefully this gets you on the track ...

Posted : 20/07/2016 9:13 pm
Topic starter

Hey David- thanks for the help. I just played around some more with the voice edit and have started to get a rise going. Problem I have now is I can only get it to rise about 2.5 octaves. Technically it needs 3. Any thoughts there?

Posted : 20/07/2016 9:48 pm
Topic starter

I think I just discovered my own answer. PEG depth. Should be set. Thanks again!

Posted : 20/07/2016 9:50 pm

Kerry - check out the article on page 19 in this reference link: http://www.easysounds.eu/MusicProductionGuide_2015_03_EN.pdf If you download the associated content, it provides a sound set for Uptown Funk....and you may be intrigued by the flexibility and power offered by voice mixing templates for live performance - the reference I provide is the 3rd in a 3 part series, so you may want to refer back to parts 1 and 2. Hope you find this useful....Also I have found the Yamaha Music Production Guide to be a great learning source. Have fun!

Posted : 28/07/2016 10:32 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us