Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

SC-SOUNDS FOR MOTIF XF/XS: MOXF COMPATIBILITY?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Martin
Topic starter

Has anyone here had any experience of sc-sounds.com sound libraries, specifically on the MOXF6 or MOXF8?

They have some interesting sound sets including "Korg M1 Elements". I would love to have some of those sounds - especially the M1 Universe and Dance Piano patches - on my newly-acquired MOXF8!

Although these have clearly been designed for the Motif XF/XS, is there any reason why they would not work on an MOXF8?

The files are in .X3A format so as long as they are loaded correctly onto the MOXF8, I can't see it being a problem....unless anyone knows any different?

Posted : 14/03/2016 4:58 pm
Bad Mister

I do not know about the data you reference but according to the copy, you will need to have a FLASH BOARD installed in your MOXF in order to load the data. The MOXF can load .X3A (Motif XF ALL data) files _ however, when they include new Waveform and Samples it will require you have a FLASH BOARD to house that data. Just FYI.

Posted : 14/03/2016 9:05 pm
Martin
Topic starter

Hey Bad Mister, thanks again!

Yeah, I know I'll need a flash board in the MOXF to load the "M1" data, plus a bunch of other stuff I've got ready to put on there....the MOXF8 is here but I'm still working (gone 10pm here in the UK) and the rest of the week is complete chaos so probably won't get to spend much (or any) time with it until the weekend.

The FL1024M will be my next purchase 🙂

Posted : 14/03/2016 10:19 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us