Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Song/Pattern/Mixing mode

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

How to create splits/layers sound in song or pattern mode of yamaha MoXF?

Posted : 03/03/2018 5:08 am
Bad Mister

The difference between Performance Mode and Song/Pattern Mixing Mode is:
_ a Performance is four Parts (which you can play and control them from the keyboard, together)
_ a Mixing is sixteen Parts (which normally you play one at a time)

Because all Parts of a MIXING default to their own MIDI channel, normally you play them one at a time. If you were to place the first four Parts of a Mixing on Midi Receive Channel 1, it would behave exactly like a Performance in Performance Mode. You would be able to play and control them from the keyboard, together.

You can COPY any MOXF Performance to a Song/Pattern Mixing.
Press [SONG] or [PATTERN]
Press [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F3] COPY
Press [SF3] PERFORM
Set the attributes you wish to copy... this takes your Source Performance and places it on the target Parts of the current Mixing... it assigns all Parts to the same MIDI Ch. If you target Parts 1-4 all four Parts will respond to Channel 1.

In [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press the Part # to view its parameters
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF2] MODE
Here is where you can set the Receive Channel for each Part.
You will find all the same Part parameters to set NOTE LIMITS, VELOCITY LIMITS, NOTE SHIFT, etc., etc., etc. all the parameters in a similar layout to how it is when you are editing in Performance Mode.

Extra extra Credit: one major difference between creating a Multi Part Setup in Mixing versus in a Performance. You cannot record multiple Parts on the same Midi Channel while in a MIXING if they have Arpeggios. And, of course, you CAN record from Performance Mode to the Sequencer using the Direct Performance Record feature... this is because from Performance Mode the MOXF can Output each Part’s MIDI data, separately. This is required when some Parts are interacting with Arpeggios. (Drum notes do not play well mixed with your other sounds).

Posted : 04/03/2018 8:47 pm
Topic starter

Thank u for your reply !
I have followed your steps
i was able to do the first part(had copied the performance to song mode),
but,i am not getting the 2nd part

for ex. i hv created a basic split performance(left hand bass and right side piano)but,in song they both are playing together and i am not getting note limits option in edit

After pressing edit in mixing the (A.func1 latch ) screen is coming

Posted : 04/03/2018 10:11 pm
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

The difference between Performance Mode and Song/Pattern Mixing Mode is:
_ a Performance is four Parts (which you can play and control them from the keyboard, together)
_ a Mixing is sixteen Parts (which normally you play one at a time)

Because all Parts of a MIXING default to their own MIDI channel, normally you play them one at a time. If you were to place the first four Parts of a Mixing on Midi Receive Channel 1, it would behave exactly like a Performance in Performance Mode. You would be able to play and control them from the keyboard, together.

You can COPY any MOXF Performance to a Song/Pattern Mixing.
Press [SONG] or [PATTERN]
Press [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F3] COPY
Press [SF3] PERFORM
Set the attributes you wish to copy... this takes your Source Performance and places it on the target Parts of the current Mixing... it assigns all Parts to the same MIDI Ch. If you target Parts 1-4 all four Parts will respond to Channel 1.

In [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press the Part # to view its parameters
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF2] MODE
Here is where you can set the Receive Channel for each Part.
You will find all the same Part parameters to set NOTE LIMITS, VELOCITY LIMITS, NOTE SHIFT, etc., etc., etc. all the parameters in a similar layout to how it is when you are editing in Performance Mode.

Extra extra Credit: one major difference between creating a Multi Part Setup in Mixing versus in a Performance. You cannot record multiple Parts on the same Midi Channel while in a MIXING if they have Arpeggios. And, of course, you CAN record from Performance Mode to the Sequencer using the Direct Performance Record feature... this is because from Performance Mode the MOXF can Output each Part’s MIDI data, separately. This is required when some Parts are interacting with Arpeggios. (Drum notes do not play well mixed with your other sounds).

Thank u for your reply !
I have followed your steps
i was able to do the first part(had copied the performance to song mode),
but,i am not getting the 2nd part

for ex. i hv created a basic split performance(left hand bass and right side piano)but,in song they both are playing together and i am not getting note limits option in edit

After pressing edit in mixing the (A.func1 latch ) screen is coming

Posted : 05/03/2018 6:06 am
Bad Mister

Sorry, If you are using the SPLIT function to create the original Performance, in order to have that transfer to the SONG MIXING you must recreate the NOTE LIMIT regions...

From the [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press [1] to view PART 1 parameter
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF3] LIMIT
Set the NOTE LIMIT Low for the right hand Part and the NOTE LIMIT High for the left hand Part.

my bad...

Posted : 07/03/2018 2:59 am
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

Sorry, If you are using the SPLIT function to create the original Performance, in order to have that transfer to the SONG MIXING you must recreate the NOTE LIMIT regions...

From the [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press [1] to view PART 1 parameter
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF3] LIMIT
Set the NOTE LIMIT Low for the right hand Part and the NOTE LIMIT High for the left hand Part.

my bad...

Got It !

Posted : 07/03/2018 6:09 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us