Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Storing voices from my favorites list to some of the 16 numbered buttons

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have this beautiful moXF8 and am learning in baby steps how to use it. Can someone explain (in SIMPLE terms to this technology challenged lady) how to store voices from my favorites list to the numbered buttons. First, I need instructions on how to clear the demo that's on there to open the space for my choice of voices that are on my favorites list. If you could list the steps for me, that would be great. Thank you in advance!

Posted : 29/01/2016 9:15 pm
Bad Mister

Basically you mark a Program as "Favorite", it becomes a member of the Category: Favorite.
When the [FAVORITE] button is lit, you see a list of your selections in the order of the MOXF Categories. piano, keyboard, organ, guitar, bass, strings, brass, sax/woodwind, synth leads, etc., etc.

If, as you've requested, you would like to put your Favorite Voices on numbered buttons, simply Store them to your USER bank locations.

Did you know:
All 384 Voices contained in the USER 1, 2 and 3 banks and the 32 USER DRUM kits in the UDR Bank are "placeholders" - means there is a repeat in the PRESET 1-9 Banks and among the 72 PRESET DRUM kits.

So feel free to write over any and all of them. PRESETs are permanent.
USER Banks are you, the user, to put you versions of the Voices you like in whichever order is convenient for you!

Organize you favorite Voices by STORING them to USER 1, starting at location 001:(A01)

From [VOICE] mode
Call up your first FAVORITE
Press [STORE]
Change the location to USER 1:001

Rinse and repeat for each of your favorites remembering to increment the target location each time.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 29/01/2016 10:03 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us