Clear all

String fill-in?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Matt
Topic starter

Hello, all!

First time asking a question here - I've been attempting to dive deeply into some of the expanded functions of my MOXf8 for a big show I have coming up (I'm a piano conductor). My question: is there any way (most likely using the arpeggiator) to have the board 'fill in' string sounds around what I'm playing? I find that for a lot of my cues, if I layer a string sound directly into my piano voice, I end up with a lot of bleed when I use the sustain. I'm wondering if there's a way it can detect the chord I'm playing and just pad along softly and without motion. Thanks in advance!

Posted : 15/05/2017 4:57 pm
Bad Mister

I think I understand what you are looking for... perhaps a way to approach this is to layer the Acoustic Piano with the Strings but have the String sound ignore the Sustain pedal. This can be done so only when you hold the notes down with your fingers will the String sound sustain, not when you use the Sustain pedal.

This can be accomplished as follows. Lets assume you have the Acoustic Piano in PART 1 and the Strings in PART 2 of a PERFORMANCE.
Press [EDIT]
Press PART SELECT button [2] to view PART 2 parameters
Press [F5] RCV SW (Receive Switch)
Move the cursor to highlight the box "SUS", and clear the box using the Data Dial or the [INC/NO] button

You can adjust how the Strings fade to zero, using the left front panel RELEASE Knob while [PART SELECT 2] is selected. You can have the Strings fade to zero to give a more natural feel (Strings do not have Sustain Pedals in the real world, so often their behavior in response to a piano pedal is unsatisfying, to say the least. Sustain Pedals we're invented specifically for the piano).

Press [STORE] to update your PERFORMANCE.

Posted : 15/05/2017 8:30 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us