Notifications
Clear all

Suitable headphones for MOXF8

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi Friends,

I have been researching on headphones for my new MOXF8 and I am in dilemma of choosing a suitable ones, I see so many out there - Audio technica ATH-MX50x, SENNHEISER HD8 DJ, and also Yamaha HPH-MT220.

I am not sure which one to choose as for all the above they say is suitable for dj / studio monitoring purpose.

Please help me if I should buy the above ones ( suggest which one is best) or there are totally different ones for synthesizers?

Thanks,
Jv

Posted : 11/04/2016 7:45 am
Bad Mister

As important as the sound when comparing headphones is comfort. How they feel on your head, on your ears, is critically important. No matter how great they sound if you can't wear them cause they pinch your ears... What good are they? I know, you thought I'd just recommend the Yamaha HPH-MT220, which I am wearing right now and are my personal favorites. But comfort is something you will have try for yourself, no one can tell you if the shoes you are trying on, fit your feet. What I'm saying is try them on!!!

Also consider the new Yamaha HPH-MT7 ...particularly if you are looking for a pair that are good enough to mix your music in...

Posted : 11/04/2016 3:11 pm
Martin

JVALIN,
whatever will be your final "musical" choice, from a "technical" point of view I'd like to mention that you should also take care of picking phones with the proper impedance. The MOXF phones jack is optimized for impedances around 32 Ohms, so both devices should somehow match (or at least reside in a similar range) in order to get maximum performance out of your gear.

Personally I'm using the AKG K-712 PRO (62 Ohms), a more expensive reference headphone model which is perfect for me, as I'm also using it for monitoring any mixes the "alternative" way. It is powerful in conjunction with the MOXF, it offers excellent sound characteristics and it is also very comfortable to wear. However, cheaper phones with a similar impedance will also do, of course. After all, everyone has a different use case - and thanks God - a different taste as well...

Posted : 12/04/2016 8:14 pm
Bad Mister

Excellent point, the lower the impedance the better, I'm not familiar with the DJ headphones but the others mentioned are extremely low impedance headphones... But I'm sure they are under 100 ohms... But trying is essential.

Posted : 12/04/2016 11:04 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us