Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sustain Pedal Works In Reverse

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a Yamaha moxf8 keyboard that I recently purchased. The keyboard is fantastic and has lessen my pain of not being able to afford a Korg Kronos LS 88. The moxf8 is so good and powerful. Korg who? The only problem I'm having is the sustain pedal I was sold with it is Proline supposedly compatible for my keyboard. The problem is that is sustains works backwards: The keyboard sustains without me depressing the pedal and cuts-off the sustain when I do depress the pedal. The jack seems to be plugged-in correctly in the rear of the board. I tried holding down the sustain pedal while I am turning off the keyboard, but it still doesn't work correctly once I turn it back on. Is this pedal really the correct one for my board or should I take it back and get the correct Yamaha pedal?
Thank you, Jesse

Posted : 31/03/2020 1:18 am
Bad Mister

If you ask the manufacturer of the MOXF — you know the answer. Get the recommended Yamaha FC3A pedal for your sustain pedal functions — designed to work with the MOXF. The Yamaha FC3 not only comes with the correct polarity for Yamaha synthesizers (MOXF, Motif XF, S-series, MODX, MONTAGE, etc., etc.), it lets you take advantage of the Half-Dampering (half-pedaling) function built-in to the technology.

Call your dealer — they should be able to instruct you on how to use that substitute pedal they sold you. Why you would skimp on the accessories is between you and your music!

Let us know.

Half Damper, Resonance Effect and KeyOff Sound

Posted : 31/03/2020 11:23 am
Topic starter

Thank you for your response. This issue turned out to be "my bad". I looked again at the pedal underneath and there's a switch to change the polarity. The pedal works fine. the problem was that the switch is buried in the pedal and therefore not clearly visible.

Appreciate the response.

Posted : 31/03/2020 10:20 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us