Notifications
Clear all

Technical Question

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 John
Topic starter

I just purchased not one but two MOXf6 one has no warranty and the other has two years. The one without warranty has a 1024 Flash card which I want to transfer. The card has a lot of samples on it and my question is can I simply transfer it to the other, will it create any problems or will it just work.

Posted : 23/09/2019 9:23 pm
Bad Mister

It will work if you have the File that installed the data onto the Flash Board. The concept was that gigging musicians could take their Flash Board and their File... when they travel. They put the board into the rental unit, and once they load the File it is exactly like playing the unit they left safely at home.

Without that File, however, it’s just data on a board with no way to access it. Hopefully, the data currently loaded in the unit is the data that unlocks the installed Waveform List. There is a possibility that other Voice data (a bank that does not utilize the installed Waveforms) is currently loaded. If this is the case, you’ll want to locate the original File that installed the Waveforms.

Posted : 23/09/2019 9:32 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us