Clear all

track switching with pedal

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Axel
Topic starter

Hello everybody!
I just bought a MOXF8 and I passed the three last weeks to understand how it works. I'm more or less okay with all the stuffs I need but the only thing it remains is the following:
I bought a jack-pedal to use for switching between tracks in song mode but I don't find the way to do that. I need that because I'm playing in a band where I've to switch between tracks very quickly and sometimes it is difficult to do it by hand.

I try to find some explanation on internet or in the manual but I didn't find them.
I hope somebody can help me because my head will break 😀
Thank you a lot!
And happy new year

Posted : 07/01/2016 7:31 pm
Bad Mister

You cannot switch between Tracks using any kind of simple foot switch pedal. Here's why: each track is on a different MIDI channel. That may not seem like a big deal, but it is what prevents you from affecting a Program Change in this manner. "Program Change" is a channel message. And therefore exists on any one of sixteen channels. It cannot switch itself to a new channel, that is not how MIDI works, nor the MOXF.

When in Song or Pattern MIXING mode, you can seamlessly switch between sounds (16 Parts of a Mixing setup) by touching a front panel button. Like turning pages when reading music, with practice you realize you do have the time to change by reaching up and touching a button.

There are solutions for operating Program Changes via foot pedal devices, but it is like tap dancing to reach the right button, and is not necessarily cost friendly for the luxury of not having to touch a front panel button... Which is quick, surgical, and with some practice the easiest and most cost effective method.

Posted : 08/01/2016 12:13 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us