Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Trying to find sounds from Motif ES6 to put inside MOXF

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I used to own a Motif ES6. I no linger do. Now I need a couple of the voices and their arps to redo someones song again. How can I get the patches/voices from an ES6 to put inside my MOXF8?

Posted : 14/01/2016 2:44 am

If you still have the files from the ES you could ask someone with a Motif XF to import them and resave them as XF All or Voice file. But this only works for user voices or preset voices resaved at user vioce locations. Some Presets/Voices of the ES might have used ROM Waveforms which aren't in the ROM of the newer models anymore. These are substituted with similar Waveforms of the new ROM and might sound different then. If you have Flash installed, you can load the "Inspiration in a Flash" File which has some of the old Waveforms like the Powergrand from the Motif Classic. But it would be easier to find similar sounding voices on the MOXF and tweak them to your likings.
For the arps you might need some time to rehearse which MOXF arp comes closest or equals which ES arp. Might be impossible to get the song sounding fully identical though.

Posted : 16/01/2016 12:27 am

Have you seen this article from motifator site? Convert Motif ES and MO6/MO8 Data to the Motif XS and Motif XF
( http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/converting_motif_es_and_mo6_mo8_data_to_the_motif_xs_and_motif_xf)

It has a download link with a zip file containing the Motif ES/MO presets converted to Motif XS file format (.X0V).
Then you can use John Melas librarian to load these .X0V files to your MOXF.

Posted : 21/01/2016 10:37 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us