Clear all

Unable to format FL1024 in moxf6

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Da
Topic starter

Hi,
I've just installed a brand new FL1024 in the slot of my moxf6.

I carrefully followed what's in the manual.

After Turing the power on :
Unrecognized Flash Memory Module.
Please format that.

Then F6
CONFIG : "Expansion Module
Unformatted
0.0Mb( 0%)
0.0MB

SF1
FLASH/FORMAT : Flash Memory Expansion Module Format

PRESS ENTER
FLASH/FORMAT/ENTER : Are You Sure ?
No>[EXIT] Yes>[ENTER]

I got the message :No Flash Memory Module installed or module is unformatted"

I've removed the flash after powering off and tried several times. Still the same message.
Am I missing something ?
Thank you

Posted : 22/07/2015 7:15 am
Bad Mister

No, I do not believe you are missing anything. Particularly if you answered YES and pressed [ENTER] when asked "Are you sure?"

If your MOXF does not see the Flash Board installed after you attempt to FORMAT it, then I would recommend that you have your MOXF checked out at an authorized Yamaha Service Center. There is very little to go wrong with the Flash Board, or the installation of the Flash Board. (you can be reasonably sure you have the Board physically seated right in the slot... the thumb screws will ensure a good solid connection). You mention you have a Yamaha FL1024M is that correct?

It would be easy enough to test the FLASH BOARD in any other MOXF or Motif XF - perhaps your local dealer or a friend with a MOXF or Motif XF, will let you experiment. Insert the Board, see if it is recognized and Format it. It takes literally seconds to format a new Flash Board. If their floor model is able to format and see the Flash Board, then you know for sure that it is your MOXF that has an issue. A properly Formatted Board will read approximately 1022MB available when formatted...

If you are not near a friendly dealer or you do not have friends with a Yamaha synth....
Install the Flash Board physically in your unit, and have the authorized Service Center have a look at the MOXF and Flash Board together. They will be able to test both together and sort out the issue.

Sorry to hear you have having issues. Let us know what happens.

Posted : 22/07/2015 12:23 pm
 Da
Topic starter

Thank you for your help, I will check the flash with a new MOXF6 tomorrow.

Posted : 22/07/2015 5:30 pm
 Da
Topic starter

Hi, sorry for the wrong forum. I've tested with two others moxf6 and it worked. Son I just sent back my moxf6 for a refund and bought a new one.

Posted : 23/07/2015 7:10 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us