Notifications
Clear all

Using foot pedal to control organ "Leslie sounds on-off"

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Van
Topic starter

Ok bear with me here. I am a rookie with the MOXF8. My question is this. Is there a way to control the organ sound (i.e. Leslie sound on and off) by using the foot pedal, rather than taking my hands off of the keyboard to reach for the wheel on the far left side of the keyboard?

Posted : 03/01/2020 4:09 pm
Bad Mister

Yes, you can program the “Rotary Speaker” Effects “Speed Control” parameter with any available physical controller.

Some will work better than others but you can certainly assign it to a different controller than the MW.
The MW was selected because its behavior is most like the original modification — back in the day when the Hammond organ company was sueing the Leslie speaker company, the half moon “Chorale-Tremolo” switch attached to the left side of the keyboard. Very much like a MW except the movement was left (Chorale) slow and to the right (Tremolo) fast.

From VOICE Mode
Press [EDIT]
Press [F4] CTRL SET
There are six Control Sets, two to each tab [SF1], [SF2], [SF3]
You will find a Control Set that sets the “Source” = MW, and the “Destination” = InsX SpdCtl
The Insertion Effect (A or B) Speed Control
This is how the MW is set to control the transition from slow (MW at 0-63) to fast (MW at 64-127)
You can change the “Source” to different physical controllers.

If you set it to FS Foot Switch, you can use a Foot Switch plugged into the Assignable Foot Switch jack on the back panel
If you use a momentary foot switch it will behave like a sustain pedal. That is, 0 when disengaged and 127 when engaged. But momentary means you must maintain contact with the pedal to maintain 127.
If you use a clickable foot switch it will behave as a latching pedal, each click toggles the parameter setting.

Posted : 03/01/2020 4:29 pm
 Van
Topic starter

Fantastic! I'll try that in a few minutes. Appreciate your help.

Posted : 04/01/2020 2:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us