Notifications
Clear all

Would like to see what I have saved on my USB memory stick

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 mark
Topic starter

I have Moxf8 and am not sure how to view what files/songs I have saved to my USB memory stick. I cannot seem to view them and would like to before uploading them back to the Mofx8
thanks for any help.

Posted : 08/09/2018 7:04 pm
Bad Mister

When viewing the contents on a USB stick from the MOXF, you will discover that it is “context sensitive”. What that means is it will only show you items that you can potentially use in the MOXF.

This means Folders and Files.
It will always show you a Folder - because it *could* possibly contain a file that the MOXF can read.
It will only show Files that can be used by the current context (Mode) the MOXF is in when you pressed File.

If you are looking for a Pattern to load, you must be in Pattern Mode when you press [FILE]
If you are looking for a Song to load, you must be in Song Mode when you press [FILE]

Unlike your computer which shows you all Files, always, the MOXF is context sensitive. This allows you to keep other things on your USB stick and yet not be burdened with skipping over stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with your synth.

If you have a Folder named “PDF documents”, you will see that Folder.
If that Folder only contains .PDF files, your MOXF will show that Folder as empty when you highlight it and [ENTER] it... because the MOXF can do nothing with .PDF files... the folder will appear empty because as far as you Synth is concerned there is nothing useful in it.

Knowing the File Type you created is the information you need to go looking in your MOXF screen.

.X6A is a MOXF ALL data file. It contains Voices, Waveforms, Performances, Songs, Patterns, Master Programs, User Arps, and your System settings.
From an ALL data file you can extract single Voices (Type = “Voice”), a bank of 128 Voices (Type = “1 Bank Voice”), a single Perfomance (Type = “Performance”, a single Song (Type = “Song”), a single Pattern (Type = “Pattern”). Of course an ALL data file can restore All data by setting the Load Type = “ALL”

When you press File, the list on the right side will be the Folders, and the Files. What Files appear is dependent on the LOAD TYPE that is selected and the Mode you were in when you pressed [FILE]

Hope that helps.

Posted : 09/09/2018 3:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us