Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

40th Anniversary MX Premium Pack available for current users?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Saw this announced:

Get your FREE MX Premium Pack when you buy the MX49 or MX61 synth. New Sounds, New grooves, New Performances ... all preloaded onto a Yamaha branded USB thumb drive. Ask your Yamaha Synth Dealer for more details

Is Yamaha going to make this available to current users as well? Any chance we’d be able to procure this at the NAMM show if we’re attending? Please advise.

Posted : 07/01/2015 5:20 am
Bad Mister

Sorry, I don't have any information on the announcement _ a promotion can be regional _ where did you see this promotion?

Posted : 10/01/2015 1:34 pm
Michael
Eminent Member

I suspect it is regional because most promotions and competitions are restricted to the USA (which is a bit of a pain for me in the UK).

People should read the T&C's... and then be prepared to be disappointed. It's a shame because the world is such a smaller place when using the internet and things are not always clear at first glance.
However, people I know have reported in the past that they have contacted their local Yamaha dealer and they know nothing about it. Which if you purchased based on a promotion can be disappointing. I have been stung by this in the past by other companies.

Suggestion: Can Yamaha make promotions and competitions more clear for people, especially on Facebook pages - small print is not clear enough anymore and if anyone is like me I will subscribe to many Facebook pages.

I saw the promotion on Facebook 'Yamaha Download' for new purchases... but worth reading the comments πŸ˜‰

Posted : 11/01/2015 2:13 am
Bad Mister

I'm in the USA and I know nothing about it. Sorry, don't know where you are getting your information. Perhaps some one hacked a future promotion, but sorry, your post is news to me!!!

Not sure what the size of the world has to do with regional promotions. Offers are made by various regional Yamaha distributors... As I write this there is no such promotion here in the USA. NAMM is coming up so perhaps what you saw was some plan for a future promotion. In which case, you are spoiling the surprise, but I've heard of no such promotion, here in America, sorry.

Please provide a link so I can read it, I read pretty good πŸ™‚

Whose facebook page did you see it on?
Can you provide the link please? Thank you.

This was the most recent MX promotion in the United States (sorry you had to live here to take advantage) and it ended Dec 31, 2014... (You have til Thursday Jan 15 to apply if you qualify)
MX49/MX61 recent USA Promotion

Here are the...
Current Yamaha US Product Rebates and Promotions for Music Production 40th Anniversary

Note: Offer valid only in the 50 United States and D.C

If you found a promotion from some other Yamaha distributors site, you got this information before me. Don't know how you can be upset by a non-existent promotion (at least I can find no mention of it on the usa.yamaha.com site, nor on our (Yamaha US) Facebook page). Sorry. If and when it becomes an actual promotion then it is designed to drive *new* sales.

Sorry for any confusion. UK promotions will be found on the UK's site, and no one here in the USA should expect to take advantage of what Yamaha UK thinks up. (No matter the shrinking world due to the Internet)

Link please!

Posted : 12/01/2015 11:56 am
Michael
Eminent Member

Sorry; I don't know if the promotion was hacked or not... I'm just the messenger so please don't shoot me πŸ™

Yamaha Download 5th January 2015

LOL - I always thought Yamaha was one big happy family... please tell me you are?
The UK might be small but we have feelings πŸ˜‰

Question: Is keeping existing customers happy not part of the business plan?... ie: word of mouth helps drive *new* sales.

Not sure what the size of the world has to do with regional promotions.

All I'm saying is: as a customer I don't see that the promotion is regional unless I dig deeper and read the small print. I subscribe to 'Yamaha Music Productions' because I like to read the news on that Facebook Page and this is the same with 'Yamaha Download' which is our UK page. I don't think I'm unique in doing this, well I don't think I am... could be wrong. Just make the posts very clear that it is USA only or UK only, etc. This is just my thought that I'm freely sharing.

If the link doesn't work above, you can trace it by:
MX page from Yamaha UK site

Take the link:
Facebook yamahadownloadofficial

You have made your point very clear (I understood that from the beginning) and hopefully everyone around the world will understand as well.

Please confirm: is 'yamahasynth.com' regional to the USA only?

Thanks.

Posted : 13/01/2015 12:05 am
Bad Mister

Bad Mister wrote:

Sorry, I don't have any information on the announcement _ a promotion can be regional _ where did you see this promotion?

So the promotion is indeed regional, and indeed, you already knew that it was in the UK! Solved! Sorry for my confusion (that promotion is for UK folks - contact your regional Yamaha office. They are the only ones who know what content they are including in their promotion. You've mistakening concluded that promotions are worldwide), and sorry you were confused.

Just a tip for those reading through this: when you go to the global Yamaha portal, (yamaha.com) you are asked first to select your country. This is not only so the language will be familiar but you will be able to see info and access links concerning your part of the world. The promotions and rebates on the USA site (usa.yamaha.com) are in US Dollars and are targeting the US market. If you access the UK or EU sites, those rebates/promotions will be for those markets. As anyone who lives in the USA knows the "small print" is always displayed (as this a legal requirement in this market). Mileage may and probably will vary if you "travel". Hope that is helpful.

Posted : 13/01/2015 12:44 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us