Clear all

B3 type sound from an MX-88

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
Topic starter

Hi,
Newbie here, both on keyboards and with this instrument (MX-88).
I'm wondering if I can get a B3-type sound of my keyboard, such as Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers.
Is possible with the stock patches (didn't find it) or with some of the downloads ?

Posted : 20/10/2018 2:26 am
Bad Mister

Press [SHIFT] + [SELECT] to do a quick reset and place the instrument in Category mode.
The cursor in the screen is indicating you are playing Part 1 and the “AP” is Acoustic Piano.
The first button on the right front panel is lit indicating you are looking at Pianos... each of the buttons represents a Category.

The third button will step you through different Organs (starting with Tone Wheel organs which is what the mighty B3 was)
Press [Organs]
You can press it repeatedly to recall various organ sounds... or you can use the [Inc]/[Dec] buttons to navigate through this category.

Posted : 20/10/2018 7:14 pm
 Mike
Topic starter

It seems the closest voice is the organ's progressy. If I wanna get it even closer, is there a gadget that can get me there ? There are guitar pedals out there, but I'm not sure how's that gonna work. The other option is to get a Yamaha Reface YC and use the MX88 as controller ?

Posted : 11/01/2019 5:09 pm
Bad Mister

The refaceYC will bring the real-time drawbar Control that expands upon the nuance available when performing a B3 sound. Position the refaceYC in front of you so it’s within hand’s reach, that’s a compelling rig!

Posted : 12/01/2019 7:36 pm
 Mike
Topic starter

Thx. Looks like it's gonna be the way to go.

Posted : 16/01/2019 12:26 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us