Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cubase 8 - Remote control extension does not initialise

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I had a Cubase 8 LE installation (V 8.0.35 running on Win 7 32bit) already up and running before becoming the happy owner of an MX61. I installed all drivers and everything works well with the exception of the DAW Remote functions.

First I noticed that the MX61 was not listed at all in the Remote Devices category. I added it myself, but it always says "Device failed to open". Then, I noticed that in the Plug-In Information window under Program Plug-ins, the Yamaha Extension is not marked as actice. Trying to activate gives me a "The component failed to initialize" error message. Although this looks more like a Cubase software issue, any idea what could be the problem?

I wanted to try version 1.0.2 of the Remote Extension instead of 1.0.3, but I do not find any previous version of the drivers on the website.

If nothing will work, I might need to try re-installing Cubase ... (which I still try to avoid).

Many thanks, F.

Attached files

Posted : 04/04/2016 7:47 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Franky,

I believe you have discovered one of the differences between Cubase LE (the entry level version of Cubase that comes with non-Yamaha purchases) and Cubase AI (the entry level version bundled with a Yamaha hardware purchase). The "AI" is Advanced Integration, one of the advanced features is the implementation of the Remote Control functions with Yamaha hardware.

When you got the MX you should have received an ACCESS CODE that allows you to download AI and obtain an Activation License for AI.
If you've already installed and licensed it be sure to select Cubase AI (instead of LE or Elements) when launching the program.

Posted : 04/04/2016 8:29 pm
Topic starter

Hi Bad Mister,

Indeed, that was the problem. Thanks a lot. With the AI version it's working now. I guess that any better version of Cubase (Elements etc.) will also work, so only LE is excluded?

On another note, is there a way to change the voice without modifying the Arpeggio settings? I found a good Arpeggio and wanted to try how it sounds with different sounds/voices. However, each time I change the voice, it also changes the Arpeggio settings with it , which probably are saved togehter with the voice (Arp number and switch=off)?

Many thanks!

Franky

Posted : 16/04/2016 7:46 am
Bad Mister

On another note, is there a way to change the voice without modifying the Arpeggio settings? I found a good Arpeggio and wanted to try how it sounds with different sounds/voices. However, each time I change the voice, it also changes the Arpeggio settings with it , which probably are saved togehter with the voice (Arp number and switch=off)?

The arpeggio does not remain independent of the Voice selection, as in the MOXF or Motif XF. I know exactly where you are.

Posted : 16/04/2016 11:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us