Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Having hard time setting up Mx49 with cubase 8 AI

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I must be doing something wrong because I had this working before where I could open up tracks on cubase and choose an instrument from the list and play just that instrument but now that only works correctly for track one midi channel one. All the other channels play a layered instrument on top of the chosen instrument and the layered instrument is the one in the display on the mx although I dont have layer chosen. Any feedback would be greatly appreciatted

Posted : 24/07/2017 11:22 am
Bad Mister

All the other channels play a layered instrument on top of the chosen instrument and the layered instrument is the one in the display on the mx although I dont have layer chosen.

Turn LOCAL CONTROL = OFF
Press [UTILITY]
Using the Up/Down Cursor
Select "MIDI"
[ENTER]
Using the Up/Down Cursor find "LocalCtrl"
Set Local Control = Off

This disconnects the MX49 keyboard from the MX49 tone generator, so your key presses are sent OUT via MIDI to your Cubase MIDI track which THRU's the data back to the MX tone generator.

REMEMBER to turn Local Control back On when not using the MX via MIDI with Cubase.

Posted : 24/07/2017 8:39 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us