Notifications
Clear all

Low output from Main Outs w/ V2?

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
Topic starter

Just purchased a new MX49 (it's my second MX). I *think* it's V2 (says class compliant MIDI interface" on the box) but it has the same low-output problem as the old MX61 I had. I remember there was a firmware update on that for the older model.....but the new one is apparently running version 1.00 and won't read the 1.01 update online.

here are my questions:
is there a way to tell this one is in fact a V2?
is there a way to address the lower db output?
and here's an unrelated one: I tried to d/l the BOMB from MusicSoft, the free one. it looked like it worked but it sent me an acknowledgement email with no download, no instructions. I know the site is being upgraded....is this a "try later" situation?

thanks in advance for any/all insights....

Posted : 26/07/2020 2:03 pm
 Tom
Topic starter

since posting I've read through a few pages of MX posts here. I now know I have the V2 board. I noted Phil's response about using the MX editor to change gain at the voice level and will try that once I get it installed. playing thru headphones right now and compared with my other gear it is a little bit lacking in terms of overall sound output. perhaps not as dramatically as the first version but.....

thanks in advance for any/all insights

Posted : 27/07/2020 4:13 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us