Notifications
Clear all

MX 49 - Latency

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Christopher
Topic starter

Hi to all, great forum with a lot of information. Just picked up a MX 49 as I was getting withdrawal symptoms. 🙁 Had a Motif XF7 and a Tyros 4 but really wanted a T5, so traded both to get one. Yamaha have got it right, the two lines are different and compliment each other. I knew I could do most of my music on the T5 but I really miss the Motif. So got the MX 49 as I wanted a controller keyboard for Cubase 7.5 as well. This is a fantastic machine and will keep me busy for a while. Lots of depth to this and fun to play with, plus a great price. Anyway I have been reading all the posts and the resources for this keyboard and I noticed in the screenshots for setting up with Cubase it shows a latency of 6 or 7 when using the Yam/Stein Asio MX 49. The best I can get is 13 or 14, So my question after all this rambling is, how did you get the 6? Have used Yamaha keyboards for a few years now and I am impressed with the quality, innovation and commitment you guys have. Plus you get to make money doing this, sweet. Thanks.

Christopher.

Posted : 04/11/2014 4:47 pm
Bad Mister

The "latency" values you see are a function of your particular computer and what it is capable of handling. For what you will be doing with the MX via the USB connection, your 13-14ms is not bad at all and will not negatively impact your recording/playback. You will opt to monitor "direct" while tracking so the latency value is a complete non-issue when working with your DAW (Cubase).

Posted : 04/11/2014 8:17 pm
Christopher
Topic starter

Hi and thanks for the quick response. Realize the latency won't be a problem, was just curious. 🙂 Thanks again.

Christopher.

Posted : 04/11/2014 8:33 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us