Clear all

MX Aftertouch Clarification

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Dan
Topic starter

For the MX49, 61, and 88.
I’m asking about the aftertouch. I’ve read in different places where for example the MX 61 has after touch. But other places it says it doesn’t. So my question is do it anyone of these three keyboards have aftertouch in their system/keyboard, or do they actually support a aftertouch capable keyboard externally as I read also elsewhere? Is there any documentation of that?
Thanks so much.

Posted : 09/07/2020 4:15 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

From the MX Reference manual:

Source: https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/0/892960/mx49mx61mx88_en_rm_b0.pdf

... As for controllers that are
not actually available on the instrument itself (for example, After Touch,
Ribbon Controller, and Breath
Controller), these functions can be enabled by transmitting the corresponding MIDI control number from an
external MIDI controller.

Translation: The MX keyboard piano keys do not create aftertouch messages. However, the instrument does recognize aftertouch MIDI commands if sent from an external controller that sends aftertouch.

Posted : 09/07/2020 5:18 am
 Dan
Topic starter

Thank you. Is there a way to save posts here other than bookmarking in your browser? I can’t find one.
?

Posted : 09/07/2020 12:18 pm
Bad Mister

What’s wrong with bookmarking it in your browser?

Your post (the one above this) is the second reply (see the little “#2” after the MX at the very bottom of your post.

That “MX #2“ when click on reveals it’s URL: https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/mx-aftertouch-clarification#reply-103119

Posted : 09/07/2020 12:25 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Is there a way to save posts here other than bookmarking in your browser?

I think I know what you mean by "here" - but I'm going to take a more liberal interpretation.

You can print to a PDF or you can cut/paste into a document (your personal working copy of useful tips).

Links bookmarks last as long as Yamaha (and the underlying 3rd party message board provider) keeps the addressing the same. Addressing has changed it seems once every 2 years. Therefore older links no longer resolve.

Also, sometimes users "opt out of" or "leave" the message board and this will remove threads they created. At least this was what has happened in the past. Links, in the whole of cyberspace, are generally here today gone tomorrow.

Posted : 09/07/2020 9:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us