Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MX series XML voice list file

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have an MX88 that I've been playing with (stand-alone) for about a year. I recently tried connecting to Cubase and the online documentation mentions an MX49_61.XML file that lists the sounds/voices on the MX series synths. I have been unsuccessful in finding that file (either in the downloaded zip files that I installed when I first got the instrument or when doing a search on the Yamaha site). Does anyone know where on the Yamaha site I may find that list?
Thanks

Posted : 11/07/2021 10:24 pm
Bad Mister

Link: Voice List for Cubase

Scroll to the bottom of the screen

Posted : 17/07/2021 2:58 pm

Bad Mister: I rarely use my MX anymore (bought a MODX) but thought I'd look to see if I could find some info for Stephen. The Yamaha (US) link I found doesn't show all the files your link shows so there may be some confusion for users. The link I found is: https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/index.html?c=music_production&k=MX. It doesn't show any voice list for the MX, just drivers, VST instruments,remote tools, and ends with the firmware update 1.1 for the first MX version and shows that is page 1 or 1. Looks like Yamaha has two separate support pages for the MX series and users might not always land on the latest page you referred to in your reply.

Posted : 17/07/2021 3:23 pm
Bad Mister

The link I provided is on the MX49/MX61 Product Page… listed under “Other Downloads”… it works for the MX88 as well.

Posted : 17/07/2021 3:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us