Notifications
Clear all

mx49 firmware update output volume

21 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
11.6 K Views
Alicia

Hello Bad Mister - I'm new here. I got a Yamaha MX49 last month, & at a gig, the sound guy said the signal was very weak. Of course I googled it, & came across this. I wish I knew exactly what firmware was currently in my keyboard, but I've looked all over the box & can't find anything. Nothing helpful shows on the screen, either. Anyway, I downloaded the update just in case, & put it on a USB stick... I opened it so it would be accessible to my keyboard. Followed the directions (hold play button while powering up) & it says "installer not found". 🙁 I'm not very technologically savvy, so if there's any way you could help me, I'd really appreciate it. I see from the person before me that you wanted to know what firmware was currently in their keyboard, so I assume that's where you'd want to start with me. Can you tell me how to find out that info? Thanks so much in advance...
-Alicia

Posted : 09/03/2018 5:23 pm

I have the same issue as Alicia. Mine is an MX49 V2 (Blue)

- I have formatted my USB drive using the instructions in my MX49 manual.
- I have downloaded the .zip from https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/60810_en.html
- I have unzipped it, read the English ReadMe, and copied MX4961SETUP.PRG to the USB drive using my Windows 10 PC.
- With the MX49 off, I inserted the USB stick then help down the Play button while powering up.
"Loading..." message appears and resolves in "installer not found"

I used the instructions in the ReadMe to find my version numbers: Boot: 1.01 Firm 1.00

Thanks for any assistance here.

Posted : 27/04/2018 6:56 pm

Just to quickly add to my note above, the fil is n the root directory of the USB stick and I have an MX49 BU (2016) per the nomenclature used by Bad Mister above.

Posted : 27/04/2018 6:58 pm

I believe I answered my own question in another thread. Is the firmware update only for the older 2012 models? is the real answer here to why the output seems so low using the John Melas editor for the 2016 models?

Thanks.

Posted : 27/04/2018 7:08 pm

Hi all
In response to the weak output volume, I've found that the mx49 plugged into an amp is fine, no issues
Now we run into an issue when I go straight to our mixer through a direct box, low signal strength. We have this same issue with our guitars as well, the solution we have found, is a small mic/instrument pre-amp. Issue solved, more power than you can contain!!!
Hope this helps.

Posted : 04/06/2018 8:00 pm
 John

Hi all,

I tried the MXV101 update for my XM49. I copied the extracted file and the other two txt files to USB. I inserted the USB into the USB slot, held down and I get the Booting message. Then it says to "Please insert the media". I can't get the update to run.

Posted : 29/11/2019 10:38 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us