Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MX49/61 100% SWAPOVER from Motif XS8/F ?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 HB
Topic starter

Just learned about the MX49; So if the MX49 is synced with the IPAD does this mean it is effectively AS GOOD as the XF8 in features?

ie. Is there anything missing in performances, voices or features ?

Official Yamaha answer please.

Thanks.

PS.
I just purchased the incredible Roland A88 Midi Controller which is the lightest weight high quality weighted hammer action keyboard bed. Whilst the Yamaha Motif XS8 was probably my favourite action, carrying or travelling with it was out of the question.

The Yamaha P115 was a fairly tinny action compared ... I couldn't get it as a real stage cross over. Practice but not stage.

Posted : 21/01/2017 9:20 am
Bad Mister

Just learned about the MX49; So if the MX49 is synced with the IPAD does this mean it is effectively AS GOOD as the XF8 in features?

Dream on! 🙂 You should visit the Yamaha website and study the specifications of the MX49 and the Motif XF8 (we assume you mean the Motif XF8 and not the MOXF8) but in either case the differences are still very significant.

If by "effectively AS GOOD as" you are forgetting about everything else but your own special interests, I guess you can dream this is the case. The iPad could give you access to a DAW (for recording), that doesn't effectively make it an XF8.
The MOXF can also be plugged into an iPad plus it still has more processing available, it has Flash Board expandability, 88 weighted action keys, complete editability on board, etc., etc., etc.

While the MX + iPad is very powerful, try to avoid comparing it to other products in the line - the differences are clearly spelled out on the website. The MX is different from the XF8 (either one) and the price points should make this effectively very clear.

Posted : 21/01/2017 3:51 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us