Notifications
Clear all

MX49/61/88 Performance/Voice Editor App for IOS

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
Topic starter

When will Yamaha provide an IOS Performance/Voice Editor app for the MX series like they have already provided for the Motif series?
This seems to be a major support gap for the MX series right now as there don't appear to be any third party IOS editors available for the MX series. I would really like to have this capability on my iPad/iPhone. Please advise.
Thanks

Posted : 22/04/2017 8:18 am
Bad Mister

While I empathize with you, the bigger sibling products like the Motif-series have a bit more capability than the MX. This assists them supporting Editor apps.

The Motif series (releases in 2001, 2003, 2007, 2010) were not ever iOS compatible - so the MX has this advantage over the Motif series... by simply being newer. The MX and MOXF are the first Yamaha synths with iOS compatibility. Now, the Montage joins them with iOS compatibility.

What Yamaha develops in the future for iOS connectivity, we'll have to wait and see. The first, specifically with MX in mind, (although it can Standalone), is FM ESSENTIAL which allows you to play and layer a programmamable FM synth, that shares the audio system output of the MX.

But it would be a mistake to think just because the more expensive items have Editors etc., that every product will. I'm sure, if it were possible, it would already exist. But since the most recent synthesizer's from Yamaha all have iOS compatibility, it might be a good bet that this is a trending directions. What exactly will come out... we'll all have to just wait to see. Thanks for your interest.

Posted : 26/04/2017 11:41 am
Handyman

Thanks so much for including us in the blog post! Thanks for this info!

Posted : 29/07/2023 2:19 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us