Notifications
Clear all

MX61 General info and Guidence πŸ™‚

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Rick
Topic starter

Just wanted to say HI! New MX61 owner here and looking to get educated on this unit (With in reason πŸ˜€ )

I'm a guitarist (I know,..one check mark against me already!) .. but I've been looking at the MX61 for a year or so now and finally picked up a good used one on FB Market place yesterday.

I'll be reading though the manual/guide and see how things work as I progress forward with this,.. but I did have one question if you don't mind..?

I was wondering if there is a resource for sharing/downloading new/custom presets/patches - I've searched around a little bit and really didn't see anything so far (?) I know in the "Guitar" world with our processors we can share presets and load them up quite simply to say the least.. so that would be a great option for me if that is something that's available?

The other question I has was in regards to a PC based editing program/software for the MX line of keyboards? Again, with my only reference being "Guitars"... most of the processors I've had all have an editing softare that makes programing/creating much easier than working with the face of the physical unit?

I know that's a lot for a "1st post",.. but those are the items that would make the learning curve much smaller for me as I don't know much about LFO, sequencing, midi, and all those other items that are more "keyboard" specific πŸ˜€

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Posted : 10/11/2020 8:35 pm
Bad Mister

Visit the YAMAHA Shop and type in MX61 (magnifying glass) will search for available items

Best of Motif Bank for MX

That will get you started... that’s a free down load...
For those serious about getting the most out of their MX we at Yamaha highly recommend the John Melas suite of Editing Tools for the Yamaha MX-Series. Although not free, it does offer access to many parameters and functions not directly accessible from the front panel
Link to the Melas website: Melas website

the MX is the senior synth in the current lineup and, unfortunately, is not apart of the Soundmondo social sound sharing website functions. However, if you are getting into basic programming... we have a few tutorials here on this site:

Synthesizer Basics with the MX

Synthesizer Basics with the MX β€” Part 2

Posted : 12/11/2020 1:27 pm
 Rick
Topic starter

Bad Mister - Thanks!!!... That looks like a good place(s) to start!

I'll get that download and see if I can get those sounds uploaded into my MX .... Been having a lot of fun playing around with this thing that's for sure!

Posted : 12/11/2020 3:04 pm
 Rick
Topic starter

Here is the first "Performance" (Preset/Patch) I tried to create,... seems fairly spot on in terms of sound/tone (?) .... don't mind the playing πŸ˜€

https://soundcloud.com/user-486538567/mx61-jump-test

Posted : 12/11/2020 3:25 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us