Clear all

Problem with rhythm patterns and external module

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ariel
Topic starter

Dear people,

I've just recently bought a MX61BU and I love it. However, when I connect my old but great Roland JV1080 via MIDI and the DAW (Cubase AI), the MX61 rhythm patters trigger channels 1 and 2 in the JV1080 (with the resulting cacophony).

I've checked the JV1080 MIDI parameters, and everything looks OK. Even more strange, When I connect the JV1080 using a standard MIDI cable (not an USB interface and the DAW), and change the MX61 MIDI mode to MIDI (not USB), the rhythm patterns don't trigger the Roland's channels 1 and 2.

Any ideas? If you need additional information, please, let me know.

Thanks a lot!

Ariel Torres

Posted : 05/02/2018 5:33 pm
Ariel
Topic starter

Just got a tip from reading here the docs. I connected the additional midi interface (a Roland) to a USB port in my computer. I think that I should connect it to the USB port in the MX and routing it correctly in Cubase. I'll try tonight. Any advice will be welcomed πŸ™‚

Thanks again!

AT

Posted : 05/02/2018 6:07 pm
Bad Mister

Please realize that the MIDI Track of the DAW re-channelized data. So this maybe your issue if you are attempting to send multiple MIDI CHANNELS into Cubase simultaneously you have to do one of two things:

1) Use the Input Transformer to reject all but one channel reaching any Track (Cubase Pro, Only)
2) Create just one MIDI Track with the channel Out Option Set to β€œAny”. (Cubase AI) β€œANY” allows each incoming MIDI Channel to Thru back on the channel it arrived on. You can split the info to separate tracks later using the MIDI function β€œDissolve Parts”. It only tracks one MIDI Track to record 16 channels of data... the data remains separate because every MIDI Note-on and Controller event generated by your Synth has a channel attached to it.

You split the data to separated channels for the convenience of editing it.

Posted : 05/02/2018 6:13 pm
Ariel
Topic starter

Hey, BadMister, thanks a lot, that's quite probably the issue. Thanks!

AT

Posted : 06/02/2018 4:07 pm
Ariel
Topic starter

BadMister, PROBLEM SOLVED!

Following your wise guidance, I got my JV1080 not to be triggered by the MX rhythm patterns. So a BIG BIG thanks from here.

PS: any ideas to get the same results with Cubase AI virtual instruments? They also are being triggered by the MX rhythm patters, but I didn't find the way to set the channel out to "any"

PS2: Thanks again!

AT

Posted : 09/02/2018 4:40 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us