Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Recording MX performance drum track 10 to external sequencer.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I have been enjoying my MX49 very much.
I have had it about two months.
Lovely little monster.
I have one question.
I record an MX performance (midi), to my KRONOS sequencer, but drum rhythm track 10 on mx doesnt get recorded to KRONOS as midi data.
Many thanks to anyone who has info on this.:)

Posted : 29/08/2016 5:36 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Guess i will take this question over to motifator.:(

Posted : 31/08/2016 6:08 pm
Bad Mister

Your question is really best directed towards Korg. There is no reason on the MX side of things. We'll put a checklist below. The MX has no tracks, we are sure you mean the Rhythm Pattern from Part 10 of the MX. If the Rhythm Part is playing (the clock is starting) then there is no reason on the MX side of things to prevent your external sequencer from recording the data. The Rhythm Pattern transmits on MIDI channel 10, if that helps formulating your question for Korg.

On the MX, you probably want to set MIDI SYNC = Auto so that the MX drum patterns, and arpeggios receive tempo from your sequencer.
If they are not recording because the drum patterns do not start, make sure you are sending clock from the sequencer. Your original post makes it sound like they are playing, just not getting recorded by the Korg sequencer.

The only other thing I can think of to question Korg about how you can set the sequencer to record on multiple MIDI channels simultaneously. If you are playing a Layer or Split Performance with the Rhythm Pattern going you are transmitting on at least three Midi channels simultaneously. Channels 1, 2, and 10

Hope that helps.

Posted : 31/08/2016 6:39 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Many thanks Bad Mister.
Your information solved this problem.
Sorry i sounded like a big baby about it.
Guess i was just frustrated.
😀 😀 😀 🙂

Posted : 31/08/2016 9:25 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us