Notifications
Clear all

Recording via Audacity

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Eric
Topic starter

I'm a long time user of Audacity & thought I would be able to use it when I chose my MX61. After coupling it up & not having any success I thought I'd try Cubase. This was obviously much more complicated & beyond my understanding. So I had another try with Audacity & this time was able to connect & record directly from the MX61 into Audacity. I may try Cubase when I become more proficient with the MX61, but for the time being I'm happy. If anyone else is trying to use Audacity with the MX61 & having recognition problems, this is the method I used. You need a usb cable usb to printer type,With the USB cable in the "To Host" socket in the MX61/49 & you computer. Assuming you have the current version of Auadacity 2.1.1, open audacity, click the Recording Device drop down tab & the MX61 should be listed, if it isn't, click the Transport tab & scroll down to the bottom Re-scan Audio Devices & click that. Go back to the Recording Devices, the MX61/49 should now be shown, click that, click the audacity record button & play a few notes, you should now see the waveform from the MX61/49.
Stearman65

Attached files

Posted : 20/10/2015 12:35 pm
Bad Mister

For those wishing to use the MX49/61 with your computer please read the easy to follow getting started guides here on Yamaha Synth ... Don't attempt to struggle through setup on your own.

Not mentioned, but very, very important is you need to download and install the "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver" for your particular computer type and operating system.

Yamaha MX and your Computer

Yamaha MX Cubase Macintosh Computer

Yamaha MX Cubase Windows Computer

Posted : 25/10/2015 1:28 pm
 Ryan

But Audacity does not allow MIDI recording right?

The reason I ask: I can record using the preset sounds on the MX61 keyboard. However after I open one of my MIDI software tools and hit the Record button, it returns an error message ("Error while opening sound device. Please check the input device settings and the project sample rate."). The MIDI software works fine when I press notes and adjust the parameters, etc., but I cannot record with it on Audacity. Any thoughts?

Posted : 11/01/2016 8:24 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us