Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Relaunched MX isn't this supposed to be class compliant now?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Saul
Topic starter

So I have this new MX v2 sitting here and my understanding was that the main usp for relaunching what is essentially the same keyboard that was released back in 2013 but with a new paint job option was that it was now class compliant, meaning in theory no drivers, just plug in to your computer and go! However this seems not to be the case.

I have the MX plugged into my iMac which is running MacOS Sierra and it simply does not show up as an audio interface. It shows as a midi input in Pianoteq though.

So have I misunderstood and I can't send audio via usb? What I mean by that is without any music software running. I seem to remember with the MOXF I didn't need any other leads at all, just the usb lead going into the mac and the sound would then go through to my KRK monitors which are plugged into a Mackie Spike audio/midi interface.

Is it then the case that I need a DAW running in order to hear the audio from the MX via USB?

Posted : 02/09/2016 6:36 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Saul wrote:

I have the MX plugged into my iMac which is running MacOS Sierra and it simply does not show up as an audio interface. It shows as a midi input in Pianoteq though.

So have I misunderstood and I can't send audio via usb? What I mean by that is without any music software running. I seem to remember with the MOXF I didn't need any other leads at all, just the usb lead going into the mac and the sound would then go through to my KRK monitors which are plugged into a Mackie Spike audio/midi interface.

Is it then the case that I need a DAW running in order to hear the audio from the MX via USB?

By "Class Compliant" we are referring to iOS. You need to go to our download page and grab the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.10 for Mac. Now, you are running a beta OS on your Mac (unless Sierra was released while I was typing this). We have not supported Sierra yet so your result may vary.

Given that I have some experience running our drivers on early release Mac OS I THINK it will work, but no guarantees. It works flawlessly on El Capitan. Audio and MIDI.

Try that and let me know.

Posted : 08/09/2016 10:41 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us