Notifications
Clear all

Split Point

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
Topic starter

I'm able to create a seamless split with many sound combinations. but sometimes (with say a Synth Lead sound on R and bass on L) I set the split point and the bass gets all the way there but the synth part is silent for 5-6 notes nearest to the bass part. then, usually on C, it kicks in. what setting am I missing? thanks

Posted : 04/08/2020 8:26 pm
Bad Mister

I'm able to create a seamless split with many sound combinations. but sometimes (with say a Synth Lead sound on R and bass on L) I set the split point and the bass gets all the way there but the synth part is silent for 5-6 notes nearest to the bass part. then, usually on C, it kicks in. what setting am I missing? thanks

I assume R is Right and L is Left... although these are not the terms used in the MX

The MX uses Part 1 = Right hand, Part 2 = Left hand.
If there are Voices in these two Part Slots and you press the [SPLIT] button, Part 1 will be right hand, and Part 2 will be left hand.
Hold [SPLIT] and touch the Key you wish to be the lowest note of the right hand sound.

Posted : 06/08/2020 1:56 pm
 Tom
Topic starter

Thanks and yes that's correct re the parts. what I'm finding is that on some Performances there's a small "dead zone" -- Part 1 follows the split point I set but Part 2 starts sounding a few notes up from my split point.

hope that makes sense and thanks

Posted : 07/08/2020 6:06 pm
Bad Mister

Part 1 follows the split point I set but Part 2 starts sounding a few notes up from my split point.

But Part 2 is the left hand. (?)

Posted : 08/08/2020 10:52 pm
 Tom
Topic starter

Yes, it is. pls excuse my transposing Pts 1 and 2. the issue, which does not happen all the time, is a small zone between part 1 and part 2. when I go to Edit Part 1, it takes the split point. when I attempt to play the split, I sometimes have a zone of 3-5 halfsteps with no sound at all. same result if I Edit Part 2

Posted : 09/08/2020 2:08 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us