Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

VycroMX Performance Editor

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I purchased an MX61. It is a great instrument that I would recommend to others.
However, the advertised "Free VycroMX Performance Editor" really does not exist. The link on the VycroMX website downloads the VycroMX Pro demo which can only be used after purchasing an activation code. The guys at PsiCraft aren't interested in resolving this. Why risk the Yamaha reputation working with these PsiCraft guys?

Posted : 18/06/2015 3:19 am
Michael
Eminent Member

Have you tried this link Richard:

Download Free VycroMX

And this is the Pro Version:

Download VycroMX Pro

I paid £19.30 for the Pro version and have nothing usable (not even a manual) - very disappointed because the free version was very stable. It's such a shame 🙁
I could have used that money to buy the John Melas software instead or upgrade Cubase.

If it is true that you cannot get the free version now - I hope PSIcraft do the right thing and make it available or release a stable version of the Pro.

Good luck... you are not alone in the disappointment camp.

Posted : 18/06/2015 10:04 pm
 Tony

Hi Richard,

The link above works properly now. There was a mis-configuration on the server that had the pro version assigned to the free link and we didn't spot it right away since 1p00 (1.00 in the file name) looks very close to 'pro'. Try again and the free version is yours.

Michael,

It's true that the Pro version takes a lot longer to load than the free version owing to the fact that Pro is loading, editing and correlating 16 voices, 16 drum voices, global settings and the performance all in one integrated window, while the free version is loading the performance only. We did test it very thoroughly on multiple hosts and standalone OS versions and did not encounter any stability issues, so if this is your experience, please contact me via email (support *at* vyzor.com) and we will work to get to the bottom of your issue. We also have an update coming soon, and I can get you an advance build should you require it.

Thanks,

Tony Antoniou,
Psicraft Designs, Inc.

Posted : 30/06/2015 3:51 am
Michael
Eminent Member

Hi Tony,

Thank you for putting the free version back and glad it was a mistake.

Question: Will the Pro version be an automatic update or manual, because I had a pre-release version before when I contacted you. Still the same issues as before and heard nothing from you since - Still need a manual because if it is working as you said then I've probably got something wrong with my environment (however, everything else on the mac works fine except VycroMX Pro) -or- I'm not using it correctly... which is why I was wanting a demonstration video or user guide... I just don't understand the VST part of it; and why the midi notes/data are not routed through like any other VST I've used including the Steinburg HALion Sonic - don't get what I'm suppose to do and the benefits why it is easier than Cubase AI as it is.

Also the UI still takes ages to catchup when dials change - is there a fix for this yet?

My last email was 8/1/2015 (and to be honest was a bit fed-up by then and just left it)

Cheers.

Posted : 30/06/2015 4:11 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us