Synth Forum

01x Digital Mixer H...

Notifications
Clear all

01x Digital Mixer Hardware Modification for Midi Control without mLan connection.

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

My name is Chris and I still have my 01x digital mixer that I purchased new back in 2006.

My question is about a hardware mod that I found recently on youtube.

The modification pipes mLan_midi port 1 (general remote) to actual midi port A and mLan_midi port 4 (SM) to actual midi port B both on the rear panel.

The mod also provides program change control by piping mLan_midi port 5 to midi port B.

All of the above mods are reversible by using toggle switches added to the rear panel.

It looks like it will work but I have not received a reply from the author El Tortuga as of yet.

I believe that BAD MISTER (Phil Clenadin) of Yamaha USA would be a good person to speak with based on his posts over the past 10+ years.....

Please let me know if you can be of any assistance as I would love to keep the 01x alive as a control surface if nothing else...

Attached files

Yamaha 01x mLan’less’ MIDIfication_v1_0.pdf.zip (668.7 KB) 

Posted : 02/01/2019 9:40 pm
Bad Mister

How can I help? I know nothing about the modification you speak of... sorry.

Posted : 03/01/2019 1:55 am

With Firewire being replaced by Thunderbolt and thunderbolt being compatible with the forthcoming USB4 Yamaha should pull their fingers outs and update the drivers. I spent nearly a grand on my machine and loved it to bits, now I have to use it in Windows 10 test mode (development) if I want to use it. I would hate to sell it, its grown up with me for the past 20 years, and I would could NEVER throw it out, but it hurts me a company the size of Yamaha failed to support a product that cost so much money - I have NEVER bought as yamaha product again and sold all my Yamaha keyboards

Posted : 11/07/2020 8:25 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us