A Few Usability Issues - Link CSS and Date/TImestamps

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

A couple general "glaring" usability issues:

1) Links are now hard to distinguish from normal text. Within the forum, they are easier to find -- but within articles -- I see zero difference between normal and link text except that when I hover over a link in an article - I see a finger. That said, there are no visual clues as to where to find these links so they are simply missed many times.

Edit: (this is using a PC, not mobile platform). I'm not sure if there is a difference.

2) Lack of dates on articles (and also date/time stamp on messages in the forum) cause some issue. It's difficult to know how dated old feedback in the forum is. Even worse, there are articles that apply to contests without any date on the article. So it's difficult to tell if it is reasonable to believe the contests are over or not. The "ask.audio" contest comes to mind. It's not difficult to "figure out" - but it is certainly a waste of time to sort through arriving at this conclusion vs. having date-stamped articles.

Posted : 18/09/2018 9:32 pm
Member Admin

Jason,

Thank you for your feedback and your suggestions have been noted. We appreciate your participation in the forum.

Best,
Amy - Community Coordinator

Posted : 23/09/2018 11:26 am
Jason
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Glad to help.

I've been reading recent articles and many seem to have identifiable links (with underlines). I thought the issue may have been fixed - but the following article, as my test article, still does not show the link:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/yamaha-synth-rss/spotlight-on-richard-devine-new-album-sort-lave

I'm not sure if this article is representative of more articles with the same issue. I am sure there was another article (not this one) that had the same issue and did not capture which article that was to go back and retest. This linked article above, see the last sentence: