Genos Owner's Manual & Brochure is available now

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Jason
Illustrious Member

One interesting "pull" from the owner's manual - something possibly of interest to Montage - is the Genos's use of touchscreen "slide" and "rotate" gestures. There are on-screen sliders you can drag, more typical controls you can drag, then parameters you can touch-hold-then-rotate (a touchscreen knob) to change. To my knowledge, Montage doesn't employ this kind of touchscreen gesture (and maybe never will) - but the "advancement" beyond Montage is interesting for follow-on products.

Posted : 08/10/2017 9:49 am

I rather like the mostly screen tap only, followed by hardware wheel or slider interaction on the Montage. I want hardware. I loathe the day synths become an iPad on a keyboard and we’ve slid back to the DAW but on a tiny screen and janky workflow. Hardware. Hardware. Physical. Please preserve this.

Posted : 08/10/2017 3:30 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello David - downloaded the Manual OK, thank you, but the Brochure was 'Not Found'. One thing I'm keen to know is whether the Genos supports an external monitor like the Montage does (unofficially for some inscrutable reason). Tyros does not (apart from music scores - no use to me!) so I hope that oversight has been corrected on the Genos. Lucky you getting a Genos so soon - evidently there's been a low response to the launch - not surprising given its pathetic nature ...

Posted : 17/10/2017 7:37 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello BM - that was me whining about the external monitor on the Tyros, and it was an oversight insofar as the Manual babbles on about music scores (of no use to me whatsoever) and I assumed that was all it did! Got that wrong then! I never bothered with it anyway as the Tyros has a tilt screen and doesn't need an external monitor. Genos, for some reason, does not have a tilt screen, so an external monitor is immediately needed - especially as it's a touch screen as well. I bet Dell are running their hands with glee ...

Posted : 17/10/2017 1:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us