Synth Forum

Multiple Bt-01s con...

Notifications
Clear all

Multiple Bt-01s connected to one app doesn't work. Any workaround?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi. I purchased 3 Yamaha bt-01 in order to put them on different pedals and control them all from the Ribn iPadOs App. I've 2 Bt01 mounted on two indipendent pedals (that have midi 5pin ports) and another bt-01 on a midibox that is connected to other 2 pedals. I've set all pedals on different channels, but I can't figure out why if I connect only one Bt-01 is working flawlessy, but if I manage to connect all three bt01 they don't receive any signal from the app. I'm also sure I've connected all three bt-01 with the app and enabled them in the MIDI app menu. Is there a way I can get to work the connection or is there some limitation due to the fact the app have to connect and send the same messages to all three bt-01s??

Thanks a lot in advance

Posted : 29/12/2020 7:13 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Just checking - did you rename at least 2 of the 3 BT-01s to unique names?

Source: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/apps/md-bt01_ud-bt01_utility/index.html

The MD-BT01/UD-BT01 Utility allows you to change the names (*) that appear on your iOS device to suit your preferences when using multiple MD-BT01s and UD-BT01s devices. This utility app also keeps your MD-BT01 or UD-BT01 updated with the latest firmware.

* Initially they appear as "MD-BT01" or "UD-BT01".

Posted : 29/12/2020 8:40 pm
Topic starter

Just checking - did you rename at least 2 of the 3 BT-01s to unique names?

Source: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/apps/md-bt01_ud-bt01_utility/index.html

The MD-BT01/UD-BT01 Utility allows you to change the names (*) that appear on your iOS device to suit your preferences when using multiple MD-BT01s and UD-BT01s devices. This utility app also keeps your MD-BT01 or UD-BT01 updated with the latest firmware.

* Initially they appear as "MD-BT01" or "UD-BT01".

Downloaded the app and renamed the other 2 as MD-BT02 and MD-BT03. The Ribn app connects to all of three, when I enable bluetooth in the app to use bluetooth to control it, the app connects to all of three at the same time. But I can control only one MD-BT01 at time. I can record the screen of the iPad if it could be useful.

Posted : 31/12/2020 1:50 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The screenshots wouldn't necessarily help me - but it may help someone else.

Beyond what I've had you check - that's about as far as I can go since I only have one MD-BT device.

Posted : 31/12/2020 10:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us