Synth Forum

The "Yamaha Mon...

Notifications
Clear all

The "Yamaha Montage" I would buy today, instead...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
10.8 K Views
Michael
Topic starter

On December 22, 2014, Yamaha registered a trademark for the "Yamaha Montage" (Musical instruments, namely, music synthesizers and electronic keyboard instruments).

If the "Yamaha Montage " integrated:
1. The Nektar Panorama P1 midi controller capability (9 sliders, 8 knobs, completely integrated with Cubase)
2. The Motif XS/XF synthesizer engine
3. An organ engine to compete with the Korg CX3 engine (and the 9 sliders able to act as drawbars)
4. A "Each key individually sampled" piano (like the Yamaha CP4 & Kawai MP7) engine
4. An 88 keyboard with keys to compete with Kawai MP7's

If the "Yamaha Montage 88" was sold for $2400 (internet price) - I'd be buying it today.

Instead, I'm sticking with my MOX6 (for the Motif XS engine, 61 synth-action keys, direct performance record) for now, buying the Kawai MP7 with a Nektar Panorama P1.

Hoping the Yamaha engineers are thinking about the Yamaha Montage as a replacement for the Yamaha S70XS/S90XS with an improved keyboard(s), individually-sample keys piano(s), competitive hammond "clonewheel", stronger midi controller capabilities, better Cubase integration - and the great Motif XS/XF sounds...

Posted : 09/02/2015 12:52 am

I don't believe Yamaha will raise the standards on their products once again. I hope they'll make better stage digital piano with actions such as the action on VPC1 from Kawai, or like MP11. They already made it on CLP990. And that was the ultimate Clavinova but that's dreaming. If they did, and on a nice price... that the average musician could buy, it would sell like water. But I don't believe Yamaha got the interest on doing so.

Posted : 11/07/2015 9:15 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us