2 keyboards how to?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 x
Topic starter

My setup is:
Poly800 - MIDI std cable - Midi In of a Reface DX - USB - PC - Ardour
The poly800 keyboard plays notes on the reface but I would like instead that the reface sends them on a different channel to ardour. Final result is both keyboards send midi signal to ardour enabling me to play on both keyboards at the same time. Is it possible? (I cannot plug the Poly800 directly to the PC as there is no midi in on my PC)

Posted : 07/02/2021 7:16 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

One thing you can do is get a USB/MIDI cable to connect the Poly800 then use Ardour to route MIDI between the two and also record both MIDI streams or use Ardour to send MIDI (not sourced by either keyboard) out to both or one individually.

There may be an easier way (if Reface supports multiple USB ports and allows for one to "tap in" to the externally connected devices) - but I'm not finding it does.

Also, I have an audio interface with analog inputs that also sports a MIDI port (5-pin DIN) that could be used instead of a dedicated cable.

Posted : 07/02/2021 9:03 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us