Notifications
Clear all

Connecting Yamaha s90xs to mainstage

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Nate
Topic starter

I'm trying to use main stage with my Yamaha s90xs using a USB/Midi in/out adapter I have. I have the USB running from my mac to the keyboard, I have downloaded the drivers for my mac but I can't figure out how to play the sounds from min stage using the Yamaha... any help or advice...

Posted : 24/10/2017 4:27 pm
Bad Mister

We don't really do support for MainStage here, but the S90 XS is the same as any MIDI keyboard connected to MainStage... so there is nothing unique or special from the standard instruction on using MainStage, just simply substitute the S90 XS when they refer to your Controller Keyboard.

You mention a USB/Midi in/out adapter... that maybe an issue. What is a USB/Midi in/out adapter.

You should connect the S90 XS to your computer with a USB cable and set the MIDI I/O in the S90 XS to MIDI I/O = USB. Is that what you mean?

Or do you mean you are actually connected to the S90 XS through some kind of other connector?

Posted : 30/10/2017 5:44 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us