Clear all

CP300 and reface CP

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I´ve used my CP300 as a MIDI controller for the reface CP.
But somehow I couldn´t reach the notes that usually respond at a very high velocity level. (And I really treated the keyboard...)
Played from the Reface Action it´s no problem to reach them.
Some time ago I read somewhere that the CP300 just produces velocities up to a maximum of 120. Is this true? Would be hard to believe...

Posted : 14/02/2016 8:29 am
Bad Mister

Some time ago I read somewhere that the CP300 just produces velocities up to a maximum of 120. Is this true? Would be hard to believe...

you did not read that here. Where did you read that? Your Manual reports it reproduces velocities from 1-127. If you notice it takes more effort to get the CP300s weighted hammer action to reach 127, that is true, it's not that difficult on the reface CP. If you have a computer DAW you should record some data and view what velocity output you are generating.

Posted : 14/02/2016 2:21 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

No, I did not read that here.
I don´t remember where. It was a longer time ago...
This thought just came back to my mind because of the fact that the CP300 couldn´t (or better I couldn´t) make it to the very ff velocity layers of the refaceCP.
It´s absolutely no problem when I control the reface from my MotifXF, nor from the CP4.
I will check out the velocity output of the CP300 as soon as possible... Thank you so far.

Posted : 14/02/2016 8:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us