Notifications
Clear all

Demo

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Vincent
Topic starter

I believe I have seen all of the demos on YouTube for the Reface units. I would like to see an unplugged demo of the Reface CP. All of the demo's have the Reface units going direct to a mixer or direct to video. I know it's going to depend on what we are watching it on, but I would just like to get an idea of how decent the sound is coming out of the built in speakers.

Posted : 14/07/2015 2:37 am
Steve

Hi Vincent,

I appreciate your question. I too am curious to "hear" how those built-in speakers sound.

Unfortunately, what you are asking for is impossible to provide. Since the only way to even try to do what you ask, would be to use microphones to capture the "sound" and then "model" the speakers that you would be using and listening to yourself for playback. That "model" would have to not only replicate or reproduce the sound of your speakers accurately, it would also have to try and replicate the environment that you were listening to your speakers.

I know that is a lot to throw at you, but I try to explain another way & make a comparison just like Phil (Bad Mister) would say: it is like asking someone to tell you what a picture of a slice of pie tastes like. It is nearly impossible to accurately describe that.

So, the best thing to do is to try one out in person. I know that isn't the answer you're looking for, but it is the only reasonable answer.

I can tell you that Yamaha has the technology to achieve very good sound quality out of small speakers.

I hope this helps 🙂

Posted : 14/07/2015 5:15 am
Bad Mister

All the Reface feature three methods to hear them when you play:
The built-in speakers
Through optional headphones
Connected to a stereo sound system

Two are for personal play, and the third for when you wish to perform for someone other than yourself. The location of the speakers makes them a *personal* monitoring system. You are in the "sweet spot" for the stereo signal. If you are thinking about going out to perform for a crowd of people, I recommend an external sound system commensurate with the size audience you are performing for...

As pointed out, you cannot get a feel for how loud they are (or even what they sound like) without being in the presence of them. Personal monitoring is relative also... How good is your hearing? Musicians as a group are more susceptible to hearing damage, so how loud they sound will vary. A good set of comfortable Headphones are recommended in cases where there is competing noise or if they are not loud enough for you.

If you're in a Library every one will be telling you to turn down.
If you're in the middle of a noisy music store no one will hear you.
But sitting on your sofa they are very comfortable to play without headphones. Plug your hand held music playback device into the Aux In and play along with your favorite tracks through the Reface speakers.

I've heard several people who have tried them (in person) refer to them as a "keyboard player's acoustic guitar." And what I think they mean by that, is as a keyboard player you rarely think like most guitarist do, to just bring your instrument along. An acoustic guitar goes every where with them. As a keyboard player you have to always 'plan ahead' to bring along an ax. Among battery operated keyboards those that are commonly called "portable" are really "relatively portable" keyboards... If you know what I mean.

Have Reface, will travel!
🙂

Posted : 14/07/2015 1:01 pm
Vincent
Topic starter

Thanks for the response, informative as always. I understand all of that, I guess we're just going to have to wait until they are available to us in the stores. 😉

Posted : 14/07/2015 9:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us