Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

iphone/ipod/ipad app suggestions.

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

So for most of my time using the CS I just went old school and dialed in most of my sounds. The problem is that one tends to go for pretty straight forward sounds, and sometimes on the fly I want a specific sound and don't have time to dial it up.

So for the last couple weeks I've been using the app and I quite like it.
I do however have a couple suggestions when and if an update occurs, and perhaps this will provide a forum for others who have ideas.

For me there are three things that stand out.
1.Visually having the the perimeter of the patch on the i-device screen turn white is not very visually obvious on stage. I think red of orange along with a wider border might be helpful, or make the entire square a different colour, or much brighter than the patches not in use (but not so much that you cannot read the patch names not in use to find them for the next switch). Also a bigger font option for patch names would be good.

2. I would love it if octave settings could be saved with patches. In many cases the octave setting is an important factor in a patch, and having it saved allows for one touch changing from say a bass patch to a high pitched patch.

3. allowing it to rotate to landscape would be helpful I think.

Posted : 31/10/2016 4:42 am
 Bob

I concur with Daniel, especially on landscape mode. If at all possible, please consider this improvement. Thanks!

Posted : 13/11/2016 2:58 am
Bad Mister

Are we talking about the reface Capture Soundmondo app?

1- use Set List function to reconfigure the size and orientation of your programs

2- the Octave switch is a function of the keyboard not the tone engine in this instance so not storable as function, sorry

3- landscape is possible

Posted : 13/11/2016 7:04 pm
Topic starter

1. Ok I found that and it is much better visually so thank you. (go into a set and use your thumb and forefinger like stretching a photo...at least that's how I did it. It lists them single file top to bottom with much better contrast and bigger letters)

2. Yeah I kind of figured that was the case. Oh well

3. I don't need it because I found a way to attach my ipod to the CS (I have a case for the ipod which has a sort of stand on the back, I imagine for watching videos in landscape. I run a ring of elastic material on the end of the CS and this "stand" clips onto the elastic, thus mounting the ipod on the end of the CS) however how exactly does one set it to landscape if you wanted to?

Posted : 29/11/2016 10:19 am
Bad Mister

Is the iPod different from iPad and iPhone? To view it in landscape you just turn the device, the app adjusts. I do not have an iPod (any longer) - and have actually not seen the app running on one, personally. Nothing extraordinary need be done on the other two devices.

Posted : 29/11/2016 10:26 am
Topic starter

Hmmm I'll have to look at the ipad and see. For sure some apps are different on the two, so that might be the case.
Unless there is an updated version?

Posted : 30/11/2016 9:51 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us