Clear all

Issue with Waldorf rocket

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Rita
Topic starter

Hello,

We are facing a problem once we try to use our Yamaha reface CS as a MIDI controller with Waldorf Rocket Synthesizer via MIDI cable: there is a sound delay especially in Rocket's ARP mode. This issue did not occur with any other MIDI controller.

Do you have any idea how we could fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Rita

Posted : 17/04/2018 6:52 pm
Bad Mister

What does the “Rocket’s Arp mode” mean, assume you are asking the question of someone who knows nothing about that Arp Mode. Do you get the same issue when the Arp mode is not used?

Posted : 18/04/2018 9:56 am
 Rita
Topic starter

Hello,
I mean "Arpeggiator".
Yes, we are getting the same issue if we do not use Arp but delay is more significant in this mode.

Posted : 18/04/2018 3:18 pm
Bad Mister

Not sure how it could be more significant in one mode than another. Do you have any other MIDI device, (DAW, for example) so you can eliminate the reface as the issue. There is no built-in MIDIdelay with reface (or there shouldn’t be)...try setting up and recording with reface without the Rocketin the setup at all. Setup with Local Control Off and Record to a DAW.

Posted : 18/04/2018 3:30 pm
 Otto

I think you missed that he said "This issue did not occur with any other MIDI controller."
So it seems he eliminated the Reface as the issue.

Posted : 19/04/2018 12:46 pm
Bad Mister

I think you missed that he said "This issue did not occur with any other MIDI controller."
So it seems he eliminated the Reface as the issue.

No, I did not miss that... and no it does not eliminate the reface... if I have a reface (and hundreds of others) and I do not get a delay when triggering external MIDI devices, how does it eliminate the reface because it does not happen with their other controllers. Thanks for your thoughts though. It could still be other causes. One can eliminate the reface by having the unit trigger any other MIDI device and if there is no delay, then the cause is elsewhere.

Posted : 19/04/2018 4:34 pm
 Otto

Oh my bad, I misunderstood you

Posted : 19/04/2018 4:42 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us